Monday, February 10, 2014

5 Tips For Great Skin

      The secret to any good makeup is taking great care of your skin. Sure, you may think, "I wash my face!" Chill!  Everyone does. But it that enough? I honestly don't think it is. Washing your face is super important. But if that's all you do, your skin may not be looking its best. For people with sensitive skin, like myself, finding a series of good products can be very annoying. No one wants to stand in the beauty aisle for 20 minutes staring blankly at a billion products. I've been there, and it's not cute. 

Tip Number One: Moisturize.
     Start with something Simple. No, seriously. Simple is a line of sensitive skin care products that are extremely affordable, and they're awesome. They don't irritate skin, and they feel great. Some moisturizers are greasy, but I personally have never had that problem with their products. Simple makes everything from cleansers and wipes, to lotions and eye care.
My personal favorite is Simple's Hydrating Light Moisturizer, Shown below:
You can find these products at pretty much any drugstore/superstore. I usually buy mine at our local Walgreen's, for around $8.00.

If you can't find their products at your local store, they do have a website you can visit, http://www.simpleskincare.com/.

Tip Number Two: Never go to sleep with your make-up on!

   I can't stress this enough! Please, please do not sleep with your make up on people! It's so bad for your skin. It clogs your pores terribly and can promote wrinkles. Use a good make up remover to make sure all of your make up from the day is removed.  There are so many great products out there, like BareMinerals: Instant Waterproof Eye Makeup remover, (You can find this at Ulta Beauty, or Online at the BareMinerals Website, around $24) Simple brand Eye Makeup remover, (Any local drugstore, $8), or MY personal favorite, Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser. I am totally in love with the Cold Cream Cleanser from Ponds because it's practically odorless, (something that most makeup removers can't claim) and it NEVER burns my eyes. This is a huge factor for me. If I wash my face and have to wait five minutes for my vision to return, yeah...no. Ponds can be found at Walmart for around $4. 

Tip Number Three: Wear Sunscreen

It's that easy. Use. The. Damn. Sunscreen. This isn't the 60's. We know that sun exposure is awful for your skin. Unlike the majority of today's women, I don't tan. I see no point in sitting in the crisper for twenty minutes so that I can look like beef jerky in ten years. If you do tan, I respect that. But you should always use sun screen on your face. I use a BB cream that has SPF in it. Its the easiest way to remember to put it on! Love it! I recommend that you use at least a 15-20 SPF, possibly higher if you can! Here's my fav:

Tip Number Four: Exfoliate

In moderation, exfoliating rocks. It helps to keep your skin healthy and glowing, and removes any dead skin particles that may be present on your face. Sugar Scrub is a great way to exfoliate your face, without being to harsh. I use Burt's Bee's Sugar Scrub. I find it at our Local Walmart, and it's pretty expensive in my opinion, but it lasts. ($13) 
Any old sugar scrub will do the same thing. Just remember that you want to exfoliate LIGHTLY, don't get crazy and rub all your skin off. If it hurts, ease up. We just want to freshen up the top layer of our skin.

Tip Number Five: Stop popping those zits!

Yes, we all have them. Some more than others, and that's okay. But you have to leave them alone. I know how tempting it is to run in there to the magna-mirror and go nuts, but please don't. It doesn't help the situation. Most of the time it just makes it worse. The oils in your skin help spread the bacteria around and that promotes more zits. Vicious cycle. Treat them instead. Find a good spot treatment for breakouts and dab a little on there. A little trick I use is to place a band-aid over the spot and let it sit for a few hours. The moisture helps open your pores and absorb the medicated treatment. Each person is different and there are a thousand spot treatments out there. Browse a few stores and find one that is the best for you.
If you absolutely, positively feel you have to pop that pimple, wash your hands. Use a couple of Q-Tips, and then wash the spot after. This will help keep the bacteria from spreading. 

That's it for now! If you have any questions, or need a few suggestions, comment! I'll get back to you! As always, Thanks for Visiting! Muah!

--Evie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment