Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Covering BB Creams, Favs and Flops.

Hey All! 

    So today as I was putting on my makeup, I got to thinking about those long abandoned foundations and creams at the back of my shelf. Which has led me here, to you all, and inspired a few reviews. We're going to take a look at some of my absolute favorite BB Creams and the one's that I consider "Flops".



Just a little info on my collection before we start.
1.) I always find the most cost effective way to expand my cosmetics supply. I absolutely loathe spending a fortune on name brand products that do the same thing as the drug store dupes. (Duplicates)
2.) When I find a product that I love, I usually buy a few shades of the same thing. ( Like my collection of Maybellines Dream Bouncy Blush. ($8 Walgreen's) I have about 7 different shades of this because, well, it's awesome. I prefer a cream blush to a powder any day.)
3.) I try anything. From Urban Decay to Wet-N-Wild so that I can form an educated opinion on each product, and share that opinion with all of you.

So keep that in mind as give brief you all on some of the best products that I have found for my skin and preferences.

We can start with BB Creams, because they're my favorite.  A BB cream, or CC cream,  is an all in one Beauty Balm (BB) that is supposed to replace concealer, moisturizer, sunblock, and foundation. Now, BB creams are great. Really they are. But I still use other things with them.
This is my personal collection.


We're going to start from the left and work our way over.

Note::: I used each of these creams on a daily basis for exactly one week in order to see how they would work with prolonged use. 

Garnier BB Cream:  5/10.


Pros:
1.) Application is great. Very smooth, applies easy, and doesn't feel heavy.
2.) Very true to color. When you purchase the fair/light, as seen above, it truly is for fair/light skin.
3.) Blends easily.

Cons:
1.) After a few hours of use, as a stand alone, it starts to dry my skin up a bit.
2.) Its a little too thin for my liking. Almost watery.
3.) Coverage isn't the best. In other words, if you have serious breakouts, its not going to help you.

Conclusion:
Not a total flop!
If you have normal skin that stays relatively clear, this BB Cream would work great for you. If you have dry skin and tend to suffer from breakouts, there are better products out there to help you.

------------------

L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream:     3/10

                                                                      ( $11 at Ulta)

Pros:

1.) It has a great consistency.
2.) The color blend technology was really cool.

Cons:

1.) This product is NOT true to color. It is for "light" skin, and left a very distinguishable line everywhere that I stopped application.
2.) It WILL cake up. Trying to apply a setting powder over this was a nightmare.
3.) It does not blend well at all. When trying to rub this product into the skin, it seemed to get rubbery and did not want to move.
4.) It smells. Stinks. Ranks. Whatever you want to call it, this product did not smell good and the scent seriously put me off wanting to rub it on my face.

Conclusion:
EPIC FLOP
 I wouldn't recommend buying this product. I just didn't get good enough results to be confident in it.

----------------------

Aveeno Clear Complexion BB Cream:   9/10


                                                                      ($16 at Walmart)

Pros:

1.) Great coverage. For me, it covered everything from small dark spots to bad breakouts, with ease.
2.) This product is oil free. It feels light and fresh on your skin, and it never left a residue.
3.) I love the fact that is has SPF 30 in it. All of the other products I tried had around a 15 SPF, and that's fine, but I prefer something higher as my family has a history of skin cancer.
4.) Consistency was fabulous. Just the right thickness, and super creamy.

Cons:
1.) That price tag.... Shoot.... too much for me, but when I tried the product and fell in love with it, I couldn't really argue.

Conclusion: FAVORITE!!

 Definitely give Aveeno's BB Cream a try. It's a fabulous product!

-------------------

Covergirl BB Cream: 7/10

($6 @ Walmart)


Pros:

1.) Very nice coverage. Little bit less than Aveeno's, but it was still very good.
2.) Covergirls BB Cream had the best moisturizing effects of all my products. I haven't found one that does a better job at keeping my skin from drying out.
3.) True to color.
4.) Hellllooooo! That price tag is rockin!

Cons:
1.) Hard to blend. Takes quite a bit of effort to blend this in to your skin.

Conclusion:  Fav!

 I would definitely recommend this product if you have dry skin. It was super great for keeping my face moisturized. The coverage is good too, which makes this the perfect product for someone who doesn't need total coverage or has very dry skin.



Alright! Well that's all for now! If you have any questions or need any advice on which product would be best for you, please feel free to message me. As always, thanks for stopping by! Muah!

Evie.





                               

No comments:

Post a Comment